Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello Fellow Classmates of AD 648 and other of the internet!!

My given name is Elizabeth Ivey, but my friends call me Lisa.  I was born in New Orleans, LA and grew up in Slidell a suburb on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. I moved to Boston in 2003 to attend University, and after graduation I decided to stay. I currently live in Watertown, MA and work in Boston.

AD 648 Introduction to E-Commerce will be my fourth class in the Business Continuity, Security & Risk Management, Masters Degree Program.

For the past four and a half years I have been working as an accounting associate at a small risk management consulting firm in Boston and hope that by earning my Masters I will have the tools needed to transition from the internal side of business to more client involvement. In addition to work, I also enjoy traveling and am looking forward to my next big vacation. During the break between Summer II and Fall I classes I will be traveling to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague.

When I am not studying, working or traveling I spend my time with my partner Victor, my dog Sophia and relaxing with friends.

Victor and I Snowboarding in Park City Utah.

Sophia the 3 year old Black and Tan Mini-Dachshund that has me trained better than I have her trained.


I look forward to getting to know everyone in this class and expect that this class will be a very rewarding experience.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!

    You're dog is adorable! I love dogs. I have an english yellow lab. I would suggest making your font a darker color on your site as it was hard to follow with white text background. I see you're a red sox fan. I love the red sox and Fenway. I also live in MA, on the south shore. Maybe we will see one another at the testing facility. How did you add the reaction bar where it says "funny, interesting, cool?" That is a nice feature. Look forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate,

      Thank you for the kind words. Does your dog rule your house like mine does? Thank you for the color suggestion. I tried to make the colors contrast brighter. So many fun colors to choose from!! I have to say I am really a fair weather fan for the Red Sox and after the last season they are taking a back seat for me, but I have been getting interested in the Bruins. Fun times watching those games lately. I do go to BU for the exams we should meet up for coffee before or after the exam.

      I found the reaction bar under the Design tab, then select "Edit" in the "blog post" section. Once there click the check box for Reactions. You can personalize the options.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    It is nice to have a fellow BCSRM person in the course! I love that you included pictures on your blog so we could see your very cute dog and also enjoy the soothing blue color scheme you chose! I am very jealous of the vacation you have planned, that sounds like it will be an awesome trip with so much to see! That will certainly be a great reward after the semester is done.
    Looking forward to blogging with you!
    -Bryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryn,

      Thank you for the comment. I am enjoying the BCSRM program very much. Hopefully you are as well. I find all the courses to teach me new and exciting material so far.

      Talk with you more as the weeks pass.

      Delete
  3. Lisa,

    What a wonderful use of color. The post background color was a little to blinding when I first looked at and I had to put the laptop a little further away. I wouldn't make it too darker, but a shade or two darker for an easier read. I love how you have a wonderful vacation planned out! What a year its going to be for you. I used to live in CT and I remember visiting Boston often and I certainly see the draw it brings. I hope you have a great class and I look forward to seeing more posts!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison,
      Thank you for the suggested color changes. I have made a few color changes. If you have time have another look!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    it is sooo coool here! You added so many useful gadgets. They look so neat! Where did you get them? From blogger web or you downloaded your owns? I found one web site ( madtomato.com), so they teach how to download your own templates and widgets. I tried couple times , but blogger web kept showing errors.
    Are you professional skateboarder? You must be very brave to do that. Couple years ago I tried skiing on Catskills Mountains so I barely got hit by a skateboarder. The funny thing is that I went on kids level to learn how to ski and then I spent the whole day to go down.

    Lisa, can you please make the people`s posts more brighter ? It is hard to read.


    Alfia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alfia,

      I found most of the gadgets from the blogger website searching around when adding the gadgets. For the weather I just googled and found the first one that came up.

      I do enjoy snowboarding. I will be going to Utah with my Mom in March right after the exams for this course. I am really looking forward to it! I learned to ski before swtiching to snowboarding and still remember the fear when I first started, but just have to take it one run at a time. Glad that you tried it!

      I worked a little on making the posts brighter and the comment section a brighter. Please let me know if it is better?

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    What a gadget balanced blog!! Well done !! I like your cheeky quotes and the newspaper articles on the other hand.
    I have few suggestions to you : to make the comment texts more brighter,to change white blocks to lilac color and add clocks, because we wont notice how the time flies in your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I did add a calendar and tried to make the text brighter. I can't seem to change the white text blocks to a color. I am not sure why it stays white...

      Delete
  6. Lisa,

    You` ve done it!! Thank you for taking into consideration my suggestions. Now your page looks so professional! One more tip--add a music gadget.

    Lisa, I am still working on gadget adding. I cant do that. Your gadgets look so neat and decent. I dont know why mine appear in white blocks. And they just ruin my page appearance.

    Alfia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alfia,

      Thank you for the suggestions. I just added a music player. I used http://www.mixpod.com/. It was fairly straight forward and they show you how to add it to blogger. Plus it is free. If you have not already found one I recommend that you try this.

      Delete
  7. Good morning Lisa,

    It is nice to meet you. I appreciated your comment on my blog. I like traveling as well and it is great to hear that you will be traveling again after this semester. I heard that Budapest, Vienna and Prague are beautiful! I wish I can go there some day! :)

    I see that your blog is well organized and you did a good job making this interesting. I really like it. However, I think it would have been easier to find you if you mentioned your full name on the side somewhere. If you are interested, you might want add pages on your blog.

    Look forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,

      Thank you for your note. I actively decided not to write my full given name multiple times on my blog because I prefer to be called Lisa.

      Also, I added another page to my blog called "Places I've Been" white a bunch of pictures of places I have traveled. If you have time please have a look.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I see that you did add a page. Thank you for your response to my question.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I am jealous of all the places you have traveled to. Makes me work extremely hard so I cam make money and just travel the world. I also love snowboarding its finally snowed today in Boston so trying to find a day when i can go up to the mountains with couple of my buddies.
    Blog looks good, it looks like it has all blog requirements and well organized, one suggestion i would have is make the transition between blogs and pages bigger so it would be easier to navigate. otherwise it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa,

    Great job designing your blog! You have a lot of original ideas here. I liked the gadget that allows blog visitors to vote for their favorite season. Your blog is easy to navigate and you have lots of content on the pages you've created. I like the design of your blog, but the colors were a little hard to read. On the other hand, I think the colors blend well, so I'm not sure it is worth changing the colors. Maybe the font could be slightly adjusted though. That's really the only thing I can suggest, because other than that I think your blog is really designed well.

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa - nice job on your blog! I think I have to go back to mine and add the Hubble telescope widget :) Please stop by and you'll see I made your suggested changes, and I'd be interested to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete